Saturday, December 24, 2011

How can i get my linksys router to give me internet signal?

i hooked my att dsl modem to my router and i get signal but not internet. i have linksys-g 2.4.|||The signal you are seeing is just a connection to the router.





You need to reboot your entire network when installing a new device like a router. Unplug the power from your modem and your router. wait 30 seconds. Plug in power to your modem, wait for your DSL light to go solid then plug in power to your router.





If you cannot connect restart your computer. If everything says it is connected click on "file" in your internet explorer and make sure that it does not have a check beside "work offline".





Did you set up a password on your router? It is a good idea to, but with windows Vista you have to make sure to enter the password ype and encryption type correctly. Reply if you still cannot connect and I will edit with additional information.

No comments:

Post a Comment