Saturday, December 24, 2011

How can i put a WEP Key on my Router without the Linksys disk?

I have a linksys router, and our internet keeps crashing, and i believe it is because the neighbors are using my wireless internet. i want to put a WEP key on my router but i dont have the linksys disk it came with. Can anyone help me?|||WEP offers basically no protection from anyone who knows how to do a Google search. There are plenty of ways to crack a WEP-protected network and plenty of free tools available to help you out. I would go with a WPA key, which will make your network a lot more secure and is a lot less of a hassle then WEP.





Anyway, for most routers you just have to go to http://192.168.1.1/ and it should take you to the router setup page. Then go to Wireless %26gt; Wireless Security and set a WPA Personal key, TKIP algorithm, enter a password, then click Save Settings.|||Log into the router GUI(web interface) 192.168.1.1 is the default, username is left blank


default password is admin


from there fool around, remember nothing is saved until you tell it to save.





Good luck

No comments:

Post a Comment