Saturday, December 24, 2011

How can I change my PPPoE connection to a DHCP connection with a linksys router?

I have a Linksys wireless router WRT54G with a working PPPoE connection. To fit my purposes, I need to change this to a DHCP connection but the IP Address turns to all zeros. Can someone help me establish a working DHCP connection?|||here is a link to setting up the router for PPPoE, hopefully you can use it to undo





http://linksys.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/link鈼?/a>|||While being plugged into the router, open the ie and type you ip address of the router into the address bar. This will open the settings to the router. Have fun.|||PPOE does provide dhcp to the external connection. You need to leave this connection alone, as any changes to it will prevent it connecting to the ISP. If you want dhcp on the machines, you need to set up the router dhcp, and any configuration needs to be carried out first with a cabled connection. This prevents nay incorrect settings shutting you out, which can happen with wireless. You need to check the router manual.

No comments:

Post a Comment