Saturday, December 24, 2011

Can the linksys router I already have be used on a new computer I just bought?

Ive had a linksys router for a few years on my old computer which died out. I got a new computer and want to know if I can use the router I already have or do I need to buy a new one? I have someone who can put it on for me tomorrow but was hoping to avoid buying a brand new one.





Thanks :)|||Your old router will definitely work on your new computer. If you had it hooked through a wire ( Cat5 cable ) then just put the cable into your new computer and make sure the LAN ( Local Area Network is enabled ) If you were connected through a wireless connection then just connect to the wireless network just as B4.|||It should work fine. It is most likely a G router.


Most new computers have support for both N and G so you should be fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment