Saturday, December 24, 2011

Why do I have no signal from my Linksys WRT110 wireless router?

I moved from my old apartment and I am trying to setup my Linksys router but I am using a Mac now and I don't have the CD. I downloaded the setup wizard and went through the setup but it says it was unable to verify my internet connection. I know that my internet is working because I have hooked up directly to the modem. Can someone help me?|||Connect the Mac to the router by Enthernet cable. Look in the router (http://192.268.1.1 - no "www") to see if it has an IP address, a gateway address and at least one DNS address (in the Status page). If not, the router isn't connected to the internet. (Then call your provider's tech support number.)





If the router is connected to the internet, see if you have Wireless enabled (in the Wireless page).





NEVER install router software in a computer. A router isn't an installed device, so it doesn't need installed software. Setting the router up by hand (which takes about 20 seconds) is faster and it leaves no residue in your computer.

No comments:

Post a Comment