Saturday, December 24, 2011

How do I set up my Linksys router/network?

I had to reset my wireless Linksys router yesterday. It's a WRT54GS model. Now, the connection is unsecured - I don't know how to secure it or set the network up as the directions from the box are long gone.





Can anyone help? I can't seem to find out how to do this via google... But then again I don't seem to be the most computer literate person out there! Any help would really be appreciated. Thanks a lot!|||To reset your router, push and hold the reset button in for 30 seconds. Once reset, go to linksys web site and with your model # you can get all the info you need. Go to support.|||I'm assuming you installed the Linksys easylink advisor software? Right click the Linksys icon in your system tray(near clock) and then click Open Linksys easylink advisor. Wait until your network is checked, then click the actions tab.On the right side of the Actions page, click Security. On the next page click Next. I'm pretty sure you'll need to connect your computer directly to the router to continue. Follow the remaining instructions.

No comments:

Post a Comment