Saturday, December 24, 2011

If I buy a linksys router, how do I make it work?

I'm looking to buy a linksys router. I've read the online manual, and it says for this model, all I have to do is hook it up to the ethernet port in my cable modem. Is that it, or do I have to go through the cable company?|||No, it takes a bit more than that to set up a Linksys router. If you want to set it up with your cable modem, you have to unplug the modem from your Ethernet port. Plug an Ethernet cable into the "Internet" port on the back of the Linksys router. Plug the other end of this cable into the back of the Ethernet card on your comptuer. Then you plug the cable modem into one of the numbered ports on the back of the router.





Chances are your Linksys router will come with it own software. Install this, then follow the instructions on the screen. If you experience problems, type 192.168.1.1 into your web browser and enter the username and password for your Linksys router. Then enter your Internet username and password into the field in the "Setup" screen.

No comments:

Post a Comment