Saturday, December 24, 2011

How to open my ports up in my linksys router?

How do I open my ports up in my Linksys router ? I need to open them up and do something with a code to enable cod4 to work on ps3 please help ty =]|||1) You need to make sure the PC (or PS3) has a static, fixed IP address. It should not be using DHCP, as the IP may change. Make sure the static IP is not in the range of your DHCP pool, as it may conflict.


2) Go into the admin of the linksys router. Most have a tab called "Applications and Gaming"


3) In that tab, you will see the forwarding. Give it a name (any name that means something to you), the port or port range to forward...


4) Select "Both" for TCP and UDP, to be sure (some use different ports for different protocols - check your application)


5) Enter the fixed, static IP address you are forwarding to (as in step #1)


6) Click "Enable", and "Save"


That should do it...

No comments:

Post a Comment