Friday, December 16, 2011

I did the backup on my linksys router under administration>back up and restore, am I good to go?

I am buying a new router tonight, do I just get to that page with the new one and hit restore to get all my settings? If not what other settings will I have to change on a linksys router?|||I guess you are talking about a new modem when you are writing about a a router. There is difference between the two. By typing the IP adress, 192.168.1.1 you will be able to access your new modem. This is the IP address used by most manufacturers, to access the internet device. After accessing the modem, run setup wizard. It will work fine. Using the config file of one router with another router may not work.|||Unless the new router is the same make and model as the old one, a restore is unlikely to work. Just go through setup on the new router.

No comments:

Post a Comment