Saturday, December 24, 2011

How can you disable the firewall options for a Linksys Router?

I recently bought a Linksys Router, and after unchecking the options linked with the firewall, it still seems to block a lot of sites. I am a student, and I have a lot of online classes, so I really need to get this resolved. Does anyone know how to disable the whole firewall? It is a Linksys Wireless G-Router, and I am connected with a wire, if that helps...|||Well, a Linksys Wireless-G Router (I'm guessing a WRT54G?) shouldn't really block any sites with its firewall. All that is enabled on the router is:





Block Anonymous Internet Requests


Filter Multicast


Filter Internet NAT Redirection %26lt;---Off by default


Filter IDENT(Port 113)





So therefore I don't think your firewall is the problem. What is your setup? Is it:





ISP --%26gt; WAN of Router --%26gt; LAN of Router --%26gt; Your Computer





What sites does it block, what does it allow?





Are you on a dynamic or static IP from the ISP?


If you are on dynamic, leave DHCP on. If static, turn off DCHP and put in the static IP. If your have a dynamic IP, you may have to set up DDNS.





Try this:





Go to Start -%26gt; Run --%26gt; type in CMD and press enter





Type in ---%26gt; ipconfig /flushdns





Now try accessing the site. If it works your IP settings are wrong.|||you sure no your business when it comes to linksys routers.....

Report Abuse


|||If there's a site I need to get in, I just unplug my connection from it and plug in directly to the modem.|||The firewall in a Linksys router does not block outbound access. There may be site blocking in it or some sort of pop up blocker but the Firewall is not your problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment