Tuesday, December 20, 2011

My 2wire modem wont work with my linksys wrt54g wireless router?

I have a 2wire 2071 modem. It is not 2701 HG. So i tried to hook up my linksys router to it. But no matter what i try, i cant connect. I think the modem dosent want to communicate with the router.





If someone could please give me step by step instructions on how to do it I would appreciate it.|||I gave my wrt54g router a static IP on the same subnet as the dsl modem, and all is well. I was careful to ensure that the static IP is outside of the range assigned by the modem's DHCP pool.|||The Q%26amp;A on the 2Wire web site contains a question very similar to this. It pertains to a downstream 2nd router from the 2Wire modem/router. Check it out. Now, you could put the 2Wire into bridge mode and use your other router as the only one, but bridge mode is unsupported by 2Wire or your ISPs. Good luck!|||i have the exact same problem. i asked my ISP no help there. i tried making both my router and modem ppoe didnt work im still playing around with the configurations. if i find a way to make it work ill tell you. |||did you change your password?


the best thing is to call your provider and tell them


cause you have to set it up |||Ask someone else who know this to help you.

No comments:

Post a Comment