Saturday, December 24, 2011

How can I link up 2 computers in my home using a linksys router so that they 'communicate w/ each other'?

I have 2 computers in my home (both running Windows XP) and I have internet going to both of them using a LinkSys Router. I want to know how I can use the router to make both computers print to a single printer. Is that possible without paying anything for extra hard/software? Can I do it with just the router?|||It sounds like you aready have them both on your network. If that is true, then the hard part is done.





You'll need to have the printer hooked up to one of the computers. It needs to be installed and working on that computer. You also have to go into the settings for that printer, and allow the printer to be "shared."





The next thing you do is go to the other computer and go to Start.....Printers.... and have Windows search for a network printer. It should find your printer on the other computer.





You need to have the computer with the printer turned on if you want to print from the second computer.|||go to the website for linskys. you probably just need a driver


or its just in your settings|||http://www.howstuffworks.com/home-networ鈥?/a>

No comments:

Post a Comment