Tuesday, December 20, 2011

How to change the SSID for Linksys Router?

I have a Linksys Router WRT54G, I unplugged the power supply and completely reset it. The button that you press is orange and not white. I typed 192.168.1.1 into my browsers address bar and typed in: admin, in the username and password, and it comes up 401 Unauthorized. What can I do, I need to change the SSID and secure the network, I know how to do that.|||Did you try without using a username? If so then the router password has changed and you may have to do a hard reset to start all over.


You can reset to factory defaults by pressing and holding the "RESET" button down for about 30 Seconds, don't just press and release, hold it down! Unit has to be ON for the reset to work.


Then leave the username blank and use admin as the password!|||When you have that router, you need to write down the number like:


xxx.xxx.x.xx something like that and type in the number and you can change the SSID and the PASSWORD.

No comments:

Post a Comment