Friday, December 16, 2011

How do I connect 2 laptops to the internet with a Linksys Router?

Hi I need help.





There are 2 laptops I want to connect to the internet.





I have a Linksys Broadband Router and would like to connect them with the internet cords.





Neither laptop connects to the internet when I do this. What do I do?





Thanks for the info and I really would like to get this working!|||Hello,


Im assuming you are talking about connecting both laptops by cable , not connecting them wirelessly, as you said "connect them with the internet CORDS". If you are talking about connecting via cable you will need a ethernet cable (sometimes known as RJ45), plug one end into laptop and other into router. still no internet?? Did you have internet working on this router before hand??? If your internet is ADSl (telephone based) make sure you have broadband filters on all telephones. Check your service provider, if ADSl you get problems with telephone companies upgrading/fixing lines, you will get a shortage.

No comments:

Post a Comment