Friday, December 16, 2011

How do I connect my HP laptop to my linksys router?

I have a new HP mini net book laptop and I cant connect to my linksys router connected to my home computer. I have done the Network Setup Wizard and the Wireless Network Setup Wizard numerous times! Every now and then I can get some internet from some wifi neighbor but other than that I cant connect to my own internet! HELP!|||Use this link http://www.tech-faq.com/setup-linksys-router.shtml hope you'll find what you need there.|||Check the setting on the connection in the mini, to make sure it is asking for an IP address and DNS server address automatically.





If it is not asking, it will not get an IP address, and thus will not connect to the internet.





I am not sure of the steps on a mini, but on a standard computer connection, you click on the Status option on the connection. Open the Properties window. Scan down the listings of item the device is using until you find Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) Highlight this listing and then click on the Properties button below the window.





You will see two check boxes for automatic acquisition of the addresses. Make sure both are checked. Then say OK to the changes and exit out of the screen. Saving the settings as needed.





Reboot your laptop, and see if you can not connect to the internet.





The other possible issue, although you said this was new, is the security settings on the router may not support the settings available on the mini. Make sure if you are using WEP on the router, that the mini will run in WEP. Same for all the higher settings. If you select a security setting that is higher than what the mini supports, then you will not be able to connect to the router.|||there is probably a security code that has to be entered into the laptop to let it connect to your router. did you set the router up yourself? if someone else did it you will need to find out what the code is? it's a 26 digit code usaully, they do this so neighbors can't connect to network and mooch internet sound familiar? lol any way that could be your problem? good luck :oP|||vista


go to control panel %26gt; network and sharing center %26gt; turn on Network Discovery

No comments:

Post a Comment