Saturday, December 10, 2011

How to configure my Linksys router to work for Vista?

My linksys router is an 802.11b. it works for my computers that are running windows XP but it won't connect with my laptop that runs on windows vista. is there a way to configure the router to work for the laptop, or do i need a whole new router?


please be thorough in your explanations!|||I have the same router and Vista. My computer connects to the router. To answering your question then;


I need to know how you are trying to connect your router to your laptop first. But I can offer some suggestions for you to try. First, go to Start, then network, then see if a bar comes down and says that new networks are not visible. If so, enable your computer to search for new networks. If that doesn't work, you may be connecting cables wrong as in putting them in the wrong ports and perhaps you are using a router that is not compatible with laptops. But if no one else answers this question with an answer that helps you, call your ISP if you can and see what the problem is. Hope that helps in any way.





P.S. I am using a PC with my router.

No comments:

Post a Comment