Friday, December 16, 2011

How do I get to the configuration webpage for my linksys router?

I used to have the address I would put in the internet bar that would open the configuration page, but I did a new install of Windows 7 and I need the address again





the router is Linksys


BEFSR41 VER. 4|||Wow. I thought I was the only person still using one of those.



The default address for this one is 192.168.1.1. The default User Name is "admin", the default password is also "admin". If you've changed them, you can return to factory defaults by holding the reset button in for about 10 seconds.|||Go to start and in the search box type in cmd. then hit enter there type in ipconfig.


hit enter look for you default gateway. Type the default gateway like example


192.168.01 (tip- works better in internet explorer)


Mine is 192.168.01 just checked and it works.|||http://192.168.1.1





Just because you did a new install, doesn't mean you need to do anything with your router. If its working, don't fix it.|||tap the 2 computers image in the bottom right corner then network and sharing then hit your router and the screen should pop up with the ip # or web sight


you can also try linksys web sight they can detect your product

No comments:

Post a Comment