Friday, December 16, 2011

How do I configure Clear wireless to work with my Linksys router?

The Clear wireless works when I hook it directly to my computer but when I try to hook it up to my linksys router, it won't work and as tech savvy as I am, I don't know what to do or where to even start. It's a firmware version v3.0.01 and below that it says WRT160N. Help?|||I assume that you have the modem shown in the page below, not the USB adapter version.


There is a clear wireless discussion about this at:


http://www.clear.com/support/questionlis鈥?/a>


However, you should treat this like any other modem to router connection. Run the ethernet wire from the modem's LAN port to the WAN or Internet port on the Linksys.


Then run a second ethernet wire from one of the four LAN router ports to your computer. Use that wired connection to set up the SSID and security key. Once you do that click the wifi icon on your computer and give the computer the SSID and security key.

No comments:

Post a Comment