Friday, December 16, 2011

How to upgrade the firmware on my new linksys router?

i am looking for a step-by-step on how to do this. i just bought a new linksys router but i am not sure how to upgrade the firmware, and i don't want to spend my afternoon on hold listening to elevator music.|||It should be fairly easy depending on your model. You should be able to log into an interface through your browser to access the software on the router which enables you to do this, locate the directions and see how to do this first. Like I type this in my address bar for mine:


http://192.168.1.1/


Then I have a username and password to log in (you will likely have a default of like admin/password).


Finally, I simply have an update-firmware button which walks me though.


Again without knowing your model I can't give you specifics.


You can find more information by googling:





Linksys router itsmodelnumber upgrade firmware

No comments:

Post a Comment