Saturday, December 10, 2011

How do I set up a used Linksys router for a new wireless connection?

I just moved to a new home. I don't have a desktop computer, just two laptops. I don't want to buy a new router. How do I set up my previous Linksys router with my new internet connection? Thanks!|||if it is set to dhcp it should receive the new external ip address from your new internet service provider(isp) and you will not need to do anything else, your machines should be fine.





I would just plug it in and see what happens, i am assuming you have a new modem, new isp, but same router...|||You should be already good to go. However, if you want to start fresh, just unplug both cables from the router and hold in the reset button on the back for at least 45 seconds. That will set all settings back to default. Then you're free to reset it up.|||If you're on dsl, then you need to log into your router and set up the PPPoE parameters for your new isp. If you have the same isp, then you're good to go.





If you're on cable now, and you were on cable before, then you can just run without doing anything.





If you were on dsl and you're now on cable, you have to log in to the router and delete the PPPoE info. If you were cable and you're now dsl, then you have to set up PPPoE.





There are directions in your manual.

1 comment:

  1. Hey I am very impressed your blog because your post words is very impressiveness for business growths so thanks a lot for sharing . visit more info "-linksys router technical support

    ReplyDelete