Saturday, December 10, 2011

How to change security on linksys router?

I know my neighbors are accessing my internet via my linksys router. I just went in though the ip address and set up a password. Do I need to do anything else to stop them?|||Nope, you should be set now.


I had this problem. If you have some sort of blackmarket version of windows (like I did at one point) you may find yourself having to reconfigure your router often. If this persist, talk to your neighbors in a very stern way letting them know that you don't appreciate them stealing your bandwidth. Just bring it up when you see them and try not to be combative or argumentative, but just polite but stern.|||Yes you must set your security to WPA2 which is more secure.





For further details try this link it has everything regarding the security and configuration of linksys router with emulators.








iYogi - Good Karma!!!!|||Just this morning I did this as well, set up all my computers to a secure network it was a major headache.





I called my router company and they walked me through the steps to make sure I was safe as possible. It's best to have them on the phone anyway just in case there is some trouble which I had.

No comments:

Post a Comment