Saturday, December 10, 2011

How do I make my Linksys router wireless?

I attached the linksys router to my modem, which is attached to the main computer. It works for the main PC, but I want to use my laptop around the house wirelessly. How do I make it work wirelessly. I am not a technition, so please keep it simple.|||You have to have a WIRELESS ROUTER.|||You need a router that transmits a wireless signal, your laptop also needs to be able to recieve that signal. Therefore the laptop needs to have a wireless card installed into it, if you know it has one of these, it's just a case of buying a wireless capable router.





I reccommend using Netgear wireless routers, since they have proven to be the most reliable for me.





http://www.netgear.com/ - check them out.|||first: does your laptop detect the wireless signal? ( does your laptop have a built in wireless adapter,WLAN )


if not : probably you have some problem with your wireless adapter... ,,, cuz right after your plugged your cables from the modem to the router it should start sending wireless signals.....





ALSO CHECK the cables order , with cables order i mean the way the cables behind the router are plug ged in...|||Whats the model of the router?





and what make and model are your laptop?





I'll give yo step by step instructions if you know these|||You need a wireless router

No comments:

Post a Comment